Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Fruit Infused Water

There are few beverages that I like more than wine. Scratch that...there are none. I'm a wine girl, there I said it! Nothin' gets me going like a nice glass of Cab or Pinot Noir. In fact, as I type this, I'm in the middle of the 21 Day Fix Extreme and have committed to having NO WINE for 21 days. It's a struggle, I'm not gonna lie. SO, I had to find something to sidetrack me. There is only so much plain water and black coffee I can drink before I need some options. 

Have you ever had fruit infused water? I think the first time I tried it was the Cucumber water at the Hilton in La Jolla, California. As soon as you walk in the hotel there was a WATER BAR! Yes!!! They had cucumber, strawberry, kiwi, and I think lemon. They were delicious and I ran down to get a refill a couple times a day yes I did. Ha!! I actually remembered this a few days ago and decided to try my own, but add in ALL THE FRUITS!!


Here is a list of what you're going to need:

A pitcher, this one is a gallon size
Plenty of Ice
Various fruits 
(I used strawberries, kiwi, blueberries, and lime, o
r you could just use what you have in the house!)
last but certainly not least, WATER!

That's a pretty easy list right? Probably have it all right now!


Step 1: Chop/Slice all your fruit
Step 2: Fill your pitcher with ice, about half way
Step 3: Add the fruit
Step 4: Mush or muddle the fruit with whatever you have in the junk drawer. I think I used a meat tenderizer, haha!! You don't have to mash the heck out of the fruit, just enough to free some juice and break the fruit up a bit.
Step 5: Fill remainder of pitcher with water
Step 6: Chill in refrigerator for a couple hours to overnight. For this batch, I let it sit overnight and drank it through out the next day and it was SOO YUMMY!!!



There you have it! While it didn't turn into wine over night, and I was slightly sad about that, it did turn out super yummy and a perfect substitute while I'm on this program :) Hope you give it a shot, let me know if you do, I'd love to hear how you like it! 


No comments:

Post a Comment